Amaudo UK - DATA RETENTION POLICY
- Who are we?
This document gives guidance for best practice for trustees and staff of Amaudo UK (hereafter referred to as AUK).
2. What is personal data?
Personal data includes the name, contact details, phone, email or a person, or any other personal information relating to that individual.
3. How do we process personal data?
AUK complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. What is the AUK policy for storing, reviewing and deleting data?
a) Storing data
◦ Personal Data is stored securely on computer records.
◦ Computer documents should be kept secure with passwords when they contain personal data
◦ Emails containing personal data should be on a secure computer, and not accessible to those other than the staff who require them
b) Reviewing and Deleting Data
◦ Data will be reviewed annually. Where the data is no longer relevant or required the data should not be retained, unless permission has been given for a specific reason.
c) Good Practice regarding Emails
◦ We recommend that if staff or trustees need to retain email conversations, these should be archived on an annual basis.
AUK Contact details
Forest Hill Methodist Church & Centre, Normanton St, London SE23 2DS, UK
+44 (0) 20 8699 0594